Earlier in the day, we will be gathering for a Grief Ritual as passed on by the Dagara lineage, so this evening we will explore grief as a doorway into profound embodiment of our eros. Please feel free to join us earlier in the afternoon for the ritual or just come for the evening.
Dancing with Eros
This is an invitation to allow and follow our intimate and erotic energy, with consciousness and care, consent and healthy boundaries.
Erotic energy is creative energy. Let your creativity flow.
The focus of this event is to explore erotic energy through dance and movement. There will be a designated cuddle space. If your dance becomes slow and floor bound, consider moving to the cuddle zone. If you wish to bring your dance connection into a more explicitly sexual connection, consider making a date outside of the event!
Saturday, January 12, 2019
72 Baker Road
Doors open at 8:00 pm, clear start time of 8:30 pm
Grief Ritual begins at 2:00 pm
$15 online, $20 at the door
Grief Ritual $30 online, $40 at the door
Grief Ritual and Dancing with Eros $45 online, $50 at the door
Dancing with Eros $15 online, $20 at the door
Dinner option at Sirius no longer available. Please bring your own dinner! Taina will be bringing soup to share!
8:00 pm Doors open
8:30 pm Doors Close: Opening circle and warm up
9:15 pm Dance with Eros, with DJ Hipsockit
10:45 Closing and Integration
Honoring the Container
- Arrive by 8:30 pm to be present for the setting of the sacred space.
- Please keep casual conversation outside of the dance space, but please do use your voice anytime, in order to set or clarify your boundaries or ask for what you want.
- This is a shame free zone. We are practicing shame resilience through artfully learning to honor our own boundaries and honor the desires of others, whether or not we choose to meet them.
- Explore consent, verbally and non-verbally. Be forgiving and truthful with yourself and others in the event of a consent accident. This is how we learn and grow.
- We have Safety Angels should you need support throughout the event.
- Allow yourself space from the digital world and simply Dance with Eros within and around.
- No exchange of bodily fluids on the dance floor.
- There will be a designated cuddle space.
- This is a body positive space. Reveal yourself to the extent that feels empowering and exciting AND keep your genitals covered.
$15 in advance, $20 at the door
Inquire about work exchange options
*Cancellation policy: If you pre-register, there is no reimbursement if you find you cannot attend at the last minute. Under special circumstances, we may be willing to carry over your registration to the next Dancing with Eros. Thank you for understanding!